Friday, November 2, 2007

My Visions, My Raisons D'être

One of my greatest dreams is to move up the corporate ladder as quickly as possible. I do not see myself remaining in the same entry-level job the I will probably get out of college. I realize to some people that this may seem has an insurmountable challenge, but my main focus on how I can accomplish this is to in effect be able to do the job of my immediate supervisor. I will first try the gather information on the requirements and skills necessary to do the job of the position that is immediately above mine. Once I am able to prove myself capable of doing this higher-level job and gain the job I will immediate repeat the process over again for the position that is directly above the new job position that I will have gained. It has been done before by others and I would very well like to do it as well.
I also would like to own land and become actively involved in real estate development. In essence I would like to exercise my right to purchase and own my own set of houses that I will rent. I would very well like to be the landlord rather than the tenant. They way that this can be accomplished is to use the information available about my surroundings to my advantage. For instance. In the long run, coastal area may not be attractive real estate markets due to the effects of global warming. Being the one in control of my own property is a vision I intend to accomplish no matter what.
Finally, I would like to be able to have money work for me as opposed to me working for money for the rest of my life. When I graduate, I will be part of an extremely small percentage of the worlds population who have a college education. Therefore, I will have an advantage over those who may not be as fortunate as me to get an education, especially and affordable one at that. By investing my money and using existing interest rates to my advantage I would like to be able to extend the opportunities given to me to those who need it in the form of scholarships and grants. I am a firm believer that an education is the key to helping relieve some of the effects of poverty. In essence I would like to become a philanthropist and be in control of who I help instead of giving it to a charity whose work I usually don't see. Even though this goal my not become fully realized within the next 5 years, I have already made my plans for making this undertaking a reality and the only thing to do now is to get it started.

2 comments:

Steven Thomas said...

Your just a really deep person for someone so quiet. I truley hope you accomplish these goals that you wrote about. Not a lot of people think about giving back to people in misfortune. And thats something I would definitely like to add to my list of accomplishments/visons. A lot of bright people out there just missing out because of opportunity.

b3iv5on said...

Nice plans. But why wait on getting started. Don't do as soon as you can, start working on them now. Remember with each and every passing day your goal becomes more and more difficult to achieve. Sooner you sow, the sooner you will reap.