I think that the test accurately did gauge my manangement orientation. In the test, I turned out to be an S, back-up C. I have long been an overly patient person with a desire to help others. The tendencies described and the desired environment are so inline with what I do on a daily basis that it seems a little to accurate for comfort. However, one thing I can say is that I don't think I can be anything else other than a S.
This is a good test to better understand people's manangement style because an individual can better respond to a management style of a different profile better if he knows what it is and how he should behave when around that person. People need to be treated as if you understand them. Finally I also do think that this test can be generalized to different areas as one life. One reason is that my style at work is also the same as how I interact with people outside of work. Another reason is that I have seen and realized that people generally behave in a very consistent manner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Pierre! I knew you were cool the minute we met. And now even more so that we both turned out to be "S". Now I think even more highly of you. Ha, ha... I just had to comment on your blog once again since you are one of the few I have interacted the most in this class. Do I believe that you fit the "S" characteristics? Without a doubt. You are indeed one respectable, passive, focused and kind young man. You are helpful and considerate since at one point you had suggested having a study group. When you really didn't have to. But your intentions behind it were to help myself and Steve. Very sweet of you! Your words of encouragement to me right before the 2nd exam were much appreciated. The fact that you took the time to give me the small talk made me not doubt myself. Though to be honest the exam was hard. I gave it my all which is more then I could ask for. Thanks once again!!! To conclude, it has been a pleasure for me to have met a nice guy like you. You have a share of great characteristics that enlighten and bring about the best in you.
Pierre this test hit you right on the nose. I knew you before this class and you always came off as a patient person that is very quiet and passive. I always knew you were the complete opposite of me and now we have a test that confirmed it. But in all honesty we need more people like you around to keep the peace. Being around too many people with my type of personality would be chaos. You're like a breathe of fresh air and I always come around you when I need to relax and have good energy around me!!
I completely agree with you that this test came out almost accurately as what I am. You have S high. The good thing about this test is that we know who I am and if that fits, we can also work on something more that we need. If you have strongest aspects of S which is like predictable routines and patience etc,. This is great and that's something I don't have. However, you can work on more about encouraging of creativity and conditioning prior to change.
How do you explain then that some people behave differently in different situations? And i don't mean those a little here or a little there. I mean as in a totally different person at work as compared to when he/she is with his/her friends? Which type of behavior is the test predicting then??
Post a Comment